Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Oh No He Didn't

**Take heed, this post was written during a time that I was extremely angry, so there are some naughty words and stuff.  Read it if you want, but I did warn you and if you’re offended it’s  your own fault.  Real feelings shouldn't be censored. **

Some people are real jerks.  I mean it; they are so balls deep in their asshole ways that having a conversation with them is just as excruciating as being forced to listen to a Justin Bieber song.  I had a not so fun little experience with one of these ass bags yesterday as I tried to get on base to pick up my kids.  I roll up to the gate after waiting in line for like a whole five minutes to show my ID to the rent a cop standing guard.  To my surprise there was a master sergeant checking ID's, which is odd because he fits the "chief" role rather than the "Indian" role and he was doing the job of a peon.

"Afternoon."  I say to him as I hand over my ID card.  No response in return, not yet anyway.  This only foreshadowed things to come and it fine tuned the edges of his douche bagginess which was soon to be revealed.  After staring intently at my ID he asked his question.

"I'm a douche bag, I look like a douche bag, I talk like a douche bag, so I must be a dirty piece of shit douche bag.  Don't you think I'm a douche bag?"

That's not what he really said, but it is most certainly the subliminal message he sent when he asked his real question.

"Why are you wearing A1C stripes?"  How about because I suck at PT like Ashley Simpson sucks at lip singing.  Are you really asking me this question when all you have to do is scan my card into your little hand held computer so it can spill out all the details of my career to you?  Why does it matter anyway?  Just note my arrival and let me move the fuck on.  I'm not a piece of shit airman.  I've worked hard in the time I've spent in the air force and my only downfall has been that fucking PT test.  I hate when people assume that I'm a bad kid because I’m not the greatest at everything I do.  I've received the same punishment as someone who stole money from the air force.  Think about it, this girl frauds the government, is branded a thief, and all that happens is she gets her stripe taken away.  She didn't even get discharged.  Me?  Well I've been a model citizen and my only downfall is running, yet because I can't pass the test, I get tossed into the same bin as the thief and on top of that, get a discharge.  I disliked her a lot, especially when she was eligible to win awards from the people she robbed, while even though I passed my PT test, my low scores weren’t good enough to allow my hard work to be recognized.  What’s really important here?  It really makes a lot of sense if you don't think about it.

"I lost my other stripe."  That was the only answer I could come up with.  Sure, he was probably asking because my ID stated that I was a SrA and it looked as if I put on an old uniform because it was laundry day.  Nope, not in this case, but you're forgiven because you did, at least, have a legit question, even though all you need to do is scan my ID and let me through, jackass.  I mean, in all honesty it’s none of your business.  If I was out of uniform, some of the many people I work with daily would have surely noticed it and brought it to my attention. 

"I lost my other stripe, SERGEANT,” he answered back with slight contempt in his voice.  My eyes gazed from the steering wheel and moved slowly towards the sound of this assholes voice.  He didn't.  He has to be kidding.  I mean I know he has four more stripes than I do, but he wouldn't be that arrogant would he?  Is his ego that hungry that it needs to be spoon fed encouragement by people he doesn't even know?  Is it that important that I know what rank you are even though I can clearly see it on your arm?  What kind of tenacious ass hat needs to flaunt his rank to other people for his own sick gratification?  I'm not even in the same squadron as this dude.  Maybe that's how the security police talk to each other, but I'm medical, and over there we treat each other with respect (I think).  I've been in the military for close to six years now and not once during that entire time, including basic training, did I ever have to end my answer towards someone by uttering their rank.  This isn't the army dude, I'm not your lap dog, I'm not your troop, and I'm certainly not your bitch.

"How about you take it up the ass, faggot."  I wanted to say that so bad.  What would be the point though, I only have a few weeks left with this wretched job and I don't need to get myself into trouble.  So what do I do?  Do I answer him the way he wants me to so his ego can be successfully stroked?  All while my ego and my pride get shattered to pieces because a person who outranks me wants to be an arrogant flaming cock bite? 

"Yes sir, that's correct."  There, I fit a sir in there to show you the respect your rank holds, but don't think for one second that I respect you at all.  If you want respect from someone, I suggest dealing out a little bit of it first.  It’s kind of like that saying, treat people how you want to be treated.  Well if you treat people like shit, they’ll most likely respond in the same manner.  People don't like or respect these types of people and it's because they’re not considerate to others.  I should have just taken his name and tattled to my first shirt about him, but that's just petty.  I'm a 26 year old man with a wife and two kids and I’m even a home owner.  I may not be the most mature person in the world, but I'm still an adult and I demand to be treated like one, regardless of what the rank on my arm says.  So here you go asshole, you got a "sir" out of the deal rather than what you wanted and you'd better take it because that's all you're going to get from me.  I don't know why I let these things get to me, but they do and it's annoying.  I should take this whole incident and file it under the “ annoying as fuck" folder in the filing cabinet within my brain.  This way when I talk to people in the future about my military career and they want to know what the epitome of "anal retentive power hungry, egotistical, wannabe alpha male" is, I'll have a story to share with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment